Friday, March 16, 2007

Oracle Identity Architect sets the record straight himself

I made a post yesterday about Oracle's Identity Management product architect Nishant Kaushik's blog post relating to IBM Tivoli Identity Manager (ITIM) and its reconciliation behaviour, specifically around pattern matching during automatic adoption of accounts.

My point was that ITIM does indeed support pattern matching. Nishant had come to the incorrect conclusion based on a presentation given by IBM's Stuart McIrvine at this year's RSA Conference and mentioned in his post that ITIM does not support this while Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) does.

I went on to say that I posted a comment on Nishant's blog attempting to correct the misconception, but could not for the life of me find the comment until I searched for it using Google.

Today I have to give credit to Nishant for setting the record straight publically in his latest post. He even quotes straight from my comments, including my not so subtle dig at IBM for sending someone without the deep product knowledge required to respond adequately to technical questions.

Good on you Nishant. There's one problem though...I still can't find those comments very easily!

UPDATE: Nishant's just updated his blog with this post where he mentions that he knows there are a few gremlins in the system. This includes my observation about comments not appearing against the relevant posts. In other words, he didn't do it on purpose. The software is just acting up. I assume he'll try to figure out what's going on and get it fixed eventually.

No comments: