Friday, July 20, 2007

IBM the leader in Identity and Access Management

I didn't say it...not lately anyway (I've previously said it many many many many many times in front of customers). At least now I can prove I wasn't lying :)

IBM are the worldwide Enterprise Identity and Access Management vendor in terms of revenue share according to analyst firm IDC.

They may not be for long however. Oracle just became a very formidable opponent with their acquisition of Bharosa yesterday. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Oracle wasn't formidable before the acquisition. But the issue now is that Bharosa does things that IBM's suite does not.

That's right. I said it. An IBM competitor has useful functionality that IBM Tivoli does not provide (here comes all the abuse from my ex-IBM colleagues).

More on this later.

No comments: