Saturday, October 13, 2007

Symantec going DLP?

I go and talk about Vontu and the next thing I read is that there's a rumour flying around about an acquisition. If InfoWorld is right, it will be announced next week that Symantec is acquiring Vontu.

No I don't have any inside information. I don't work for Vontu. I know some have been wondering (based on some of the search referrals that have been coming through - although no one's actually piped up and asked me directly). I wasn't exactly full of praise about Vontu in my last post was I? I didn't think so.

So assuming this moves ahead, we'll have 3 BIG Vendors in the DLP space. McAfee, EMC (they acquired Tablus earlier this year and rolled it into their RSA division) and Symantec.

Looks like DLP's going mainstream very quickly, which is obviously good for the industry and organisations looking at a DLP solution.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People forgett that orchestria is bigger than any of the other dlp players - they just dont spend their dollars on mareting.

Anonymous said...

Maybe, but Orchestria just sent me a mouse trap in the mail talking about their 'next gen' solution - why havent we heard more form therse guys? Rich Mogull sys they are 'hige' on his securosis blog ...

Anonymous said...

i mean HUGE !!!