Friday, November 16, 2007

Sun joins the role management game

The large vendors have largely ignored the role management aspects of Enterprise Identity Management. I outlined some of my thoughts on this in a previous post in response to Oracle's acquisition of Bridgestream. I also asked an open ended question around what the other large vendors would do in response to this. I just got part of the answer as Sun announced a few days ago their intent to acquire VAAU, another player in the role management game.

I won't repeat myself so read my Oracle and Bridgestream post if you want to know what I think about this whole role management thing. All that's left to add to that post is that Sun's just joined the game. Your move IBM/CA/BMC.

Whatever happens, all this is pointing towards the day when Enterprise Identity and Access Management = commodity. We're not quite there yet. But soon.

No comments: