Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Season's Greetings, Happy New Year and Thanks

I rarely take the time to write about personal stuff on here. I have another blog to do that.

But I thought I'd take the time to thank everyone who has ever read anything on here. I write to document my thoughts and the fact that anyone even bothers to read what I write is extremely humbling.

When I started blogging just over a year ago, the only readers were my close friends...and only a handful at that. They have since stopped, but I won't hold it against them. They don't seem to care about my professional thoughts and have since moved over to the personal blog. To my surprise, subscriber counts have been increasing so I guess someone out there finds what I have to say mildly interesting.

2007 has been a significant year for me:
  • I left IBM.
  • I left Sydney, Australia (temporarily but indefinitely).
  • I moved to London.
  • I saw a heck of a lot of Europe (both for work and for personal weekend trips away).
  • I saw a little bit of China (holiday, not work).
  • Not surprisingly, I have been on somewhere between 50 and 100 airplanes in the past year. I'm hoping it's not nearer to the 100 mark, but I have a feeling it may be. My sincere apologies to the environment.
  • From a professional standpoint, I moved into the data security space and have hence broadened my horizons in terms of my interests in information technology and security.
  • I've met many interesting people from different backgrounds, companies and countries (both on here and from my work travels).
2007's been a real life experience for me.

That said, Season's Greetings (I know, I'm about a week late with that one) and a VERY Happy 2008 to everyone. Thanks once again and I hope 2008 is a great year for you all.

No comments: