Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blog RSS feed strangeness

If you're a reader of my blog via the RSS feed and use Google Reader, I've noticed it's doing something strange.

There was only one published post yesterday/today before this one and it was titled "BrowserID - The browser as a Federated Identity proxy" and should appear immediately after this in the RSS feed (and obviously on the web).

For some reason, the RSS feed is publishing 2 additional posts that I had in draft and have since deleted:
  1. BrowserID - The browser as a Federated Identity proxy (part 1)
  2. BrowserID - The browser as a Federated SSO proxy (part 2)
Please ignore them. If you follow the links through, you'll notice the pages don't exist. I've since turned part 1 into the aforementioned "BrowserID - The browser as a Federated Identity proxy" post which was published. If you happened to read what was to be part 2, you've basically been given a preview of a follow up post I'll publish right after this (update: I've since published the follow up post here).

Apologies for the issue. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. If I had to guess, I'd say there's some Google Reader caching strangeness happening here.

No comments: