Friday, April 20, 2007

Australian newspaper reports old news

Is it just me or is The Australian's IT section "breaking" news 3 months after it happens? On April 17th, they reported that IBM was donating its Identity Mixer (idemix) software to the Higgins project. What's so wrong about this? Well, it happened in January.

Is The Australian having content management issues that caused an inadvertent re-publishing of an old story or are they really that slow? Either way, this is poor form coming from one of Australia's major newspapers (owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp by the way).

Ever since I started reading my news via RSS feeds, I've started to notice that traditional media outlets (such as newspapers) seem slow by comparison and as a result I've stopped bothering with newspapers. But this is just ridiculous.

No comments: